2 tablespoons ground flax seeds mixed with 6 tablespoons filtered warm water
1 cup white whole wheat flour
1 cup cornmeal
1/4 cup vegan sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon table salt
1 cup soymilk
1/4 cup canola oil
1. Preheat oven to 425°F
2. Spray 8-inch-square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking
powder, and salt until well-combined.
4. Add the ground flax seed mixture, soy milk, and canola oil to the
5. Beat just until smooth (do not overbeat.)
6. Pour into pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
7. Cool on wire rack 10 minutes. Turn cornbread onto wire rack, then
turn right side up and continue to cool until warm, about 10 minutes longer.