Vegan carrot cake/muffins
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup quinoa flakes (you can also skip these and just double the amt. of whole wheat flour)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 cups finely-shredded carrots
3/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup applesauce
2 teaspoons vanilla
4 tbs. ground flax seeds, mixed with 1/2 cup warm water (1 tbs. flax mixed with 3 tbs. warm water = 1 egg, minus cholesterol, fat, and cruelty, or salmonella!).
1. Grease a 10" X 9" or square cake pan or muffin tins
2. Stir together dry ingredients.
3. Mix in the carrots, flax mixture, oil, apple sauce, and vanilla.
4. Beat about 2-3 minutes , until well mixed.
5. Bake at 325 F for about 40-50 minutes , or until a toothpick comes out clean.